Saturday, June 21, 2008

THE START OF A MOVEMENT?

Anonymous wrote:

Hi all,

I'm the Anonymous that first stated that I am writing in David Peckin's name in a certain race. 

It occurs to me that if this "grassroots" movement as the Capt. dubs it is to have any merit, someone will have to crawl out of blogland-anonymity and spearhead the campaign. Can't be me, I have neither the time nor the ability. 

I don't think David can run the campaign, either. Not sure of the legality or the ethics of one not filing for a seat, yet seeking to win it via "write in". That seems bad form somehow. His friend's, however, could do it for him.

Anyway, I'm willing to make a yard sign saying "Write in Peckins" or given my neighborhood, "Escriba Peckins". 

Whatever happens, I look forward to seeing David's name in the published results on election night. If nothing else, perhaps Crist will wake up and realize that the name which habitually appears before him for appointment, draws votes even when he doesn't officially enter the election.


Rumpole has a little weekend political trivia:

Vice President Al Gore recently became the SECOND vice president to receive the Nobel Peace Prize. Who was the first? What administration did he serve in and for what cause were his efforts recognized and awarded?

No comments: