Monday, July 28, 2008

1000+

Very quietly last week we posted our 1000th blog post.
It seems a bit surprising that we have sat down at various computers over the years almost a thousand times (we've had a few guests and the Captain contributes regularly) to write, mostly about our little world.

For me personally, the blog has meant a few things:
It has taken more of my time than I ever imagined. It has caused me to feel a certain weight of responsibility as I realized over time that people I knew and liked were reading things that sometimes bothered them. And at times I have made some very bad mistakes. But I know I have learned from them, and I hope my apologies were accepted in the spirit they were given.

But mostly it has been a joy. Wonderful things have been written by others on this blog, and it has contributed in a small way to creating a better sense of community in our courthouse.

Personally, it has made me a far better writer.

I can remember the very first time I sat at a table of lawyers and judges and heard someone mention that they laughed when they read something I wrote on the blog. That was an almost indescribable feeling- much like when I won my first jury trial.

So thank you for reading. I work as hard as I can to make this a fair and open forum for discussion about our courthouse. Not everyone is happy with what I do and the decisions I make. And in the end, much like those robed readers I enjoy poking every now and then, that must mean I'm doing a pretty good job.

See You In Court.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Speaking of blogs.... Review launched a sassy one lately. Just bumped into it. It's funny. Picking on judicial candidates and Brummer. And apparently we are losing Books & Books on the beach, too. Very informative little blog, too.The best part is it's free. http://dailybusinessreview.typepad.com/insidetrack/

Rumpel said...

Surely Feels like double jeopardy on the Review.